Aktion Saubere Hände supports nursing homes in the implementation of an intervention package for the improvement of hand hygiene and the optimization of infection prevention free of charge.
Five Good Reasons to take part in Aktion Saubere Hände
1. Safety of Residents- hand disinfection at the appropriate time saves lives and protects residents.
2. Awareness - Aktion Saubere Hände provides numerous further education and training materials that increase awareness of the subject of hand hygiene. Using them, you make the importance of patient safety publicly visible to your staff. You show—and not only on May 5,
World Hand Hygiene Day—that you are committed to these ideas and are actively involved with them. In this regard, Aktion Saubere Hände provides an important stimulus for professional discussions and is always available to answer questions related to hand hygiene.
3. Shared Responsibility - When you participate in Aktion Saubere Hände, you establish well-defined structures in your institution and appoint individuals to be responsible for patient safety. As a result of the clear assignment of responsibility and the broad range of campaign materials available, individuals can play a role, contribute their specialist competence and commitment, and achieve success together.
4. Innovative Interaction and Communication- Aktion Saubere Hände makes possible direct dialogue and the exchange of information with other participants. It bundles competences in exchanges of experience that take place in Berlin.
5. Hand hygiene is a Quality Indicator - Not only does an improvement of hand hygiene have an effect on patients and their families, it is also an important indicator of quality.